Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
• Opportunity take-on
- Assisting the bid coordinator in detailed validation of an opportunity following CDW’s initial qualification process.
- Supporting the bid/no bid review, providing rationale for the pursuit decision.
- Identifying virtual bid team, engaging resources with the right skill sets to form a response to the customer’s requirements.
- Producing compliant proposal/tender templates and leading the bid kick off meeting.
- Coordinating the customer’s clarifications process.
• Bid planning and management
- Agreeing bid responsibilities and work assignments with the correct virtual team members.
- Leading bid teams including multiple internal and external contributors, stakeholders and partners.
- Developing and managing the bid strategy and approach.
- Producing and managing the bid plan, including resources, deliverables, timing, dependencies and risks.
- Managing the identification of commercial and operational risks and issues, and ensuring that these are assessed and appropriately controlled/mitigated.
- Scheduling appropriate progress checks and reviews to maintain momentum and motivation.
- Independent and collaborative authorship of custom content, as well as appropriate use of library material.
- Working collaboratively to draft and revise executive summaries throughout bid preparation.
- Critically reviewing draft bid content for adherence to questions, win themes and brand/writing quality standards.
- Ensuring timely bid submission in compliant formats.
- Leading post-submission activities, including pitches, questions, and BAFO/contract negotiations.
• Bid process development
- Initiating lessons learned process to act on bid outcomes and customer/internal/partner feedback.
- Supporting analysis of data and trends from bid tracker tool.
- Supporting relevant company initiatives, particularly around increased use of document, information and knowledge management systems and CRM.
- Commitment to implementing APMP best practice and proactive personal development against Practitioner competency framework.
- Ensuring that the bid process is continually improved.
- Contributing new material to the boilerplate libraries and being proactive in boilerplate additions, corrections and updates.
- Assisting in development of document templates and visual materials.
- Offering mentorship and guidance to proposal writers.
What you need to succeed:
- APMP Foundation certification desirable
- A demonstrable track record within a bidding environment and good understanding of best practice bidding methodologies.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with sales teams and internal resources to respond effectively to business opportunities.
- Experience within the technology sector, especially within supply chain or technical bidding.
- Advanced skills in Office 365 applications, including SharePoint Online, essential.
- Good understanding of technology and IT services concepts.
- Good understanding of public sector frameworks and consortia purchasing mechanisms.
- Ability to direct, manage, lead and motivate bid teams.
- Ability to manage complex daily activity comprising multiple work streams and team members
Nice to have:
- Accountable for all aspects of their work.
- Action oriented.
- Strong leadership and diplomatic qualities.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to use these to determine time required to complete bids and develop work plans for others.
- Highly developed influencing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident at presenting and explaining complex subjects to a variety of audiences.
- Confident at interacting with and guiding subject matter experts and customers.
- Self-motivated and driven by challenges.
- Patience, tolerance and resilience
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.