Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
CDW’s Hybrid Infrastructure (HI) Solutions team is a group of Solutions Architects and Specialists that is part of the wider presales technical group. Its role is to:
- Provide our diverse range of customers with agnostic, industry-leading advice and expertise to help them select the right technology solutions and make the most of them
- Lead HI presales opportunities from inception through to handover into delivery
- Own CDW’s HI go to market message, driving and evangelising our opinion, breadth of capability and experiences to internal teams, customers and partners
In this role you will act as an architect within the HI team as well as the wider Solutions group. The role has three key areas of responsibility, which broken down by approximate split are
- 70% - Act as a solutions architect, using a combination of your own depth of expertise as well as the wider team to own opportunities, engage with customers and win business
- 10% - Support the development of the team and the wider department by contributing to team projects as well as helping junior team members achieve their own career aspirations
- 20% - Develop and maintain your own skills and knowledge through research, self-guided learning, lab time and formal training/accreditation.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for managing your own diary and hours so how any given week ends up looking will be up to you. The job is also very varied but here are some of the things you can expect:
What you need to succeed:
- Customer Opportunities - Work with customers, salespeople and BDMs to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using Workspace technologies whilst maintaining accurate and up to date information in CDW’s CRM system to support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Documentation - Produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to HLDs and SoWs.
- Upsell - Identify potential to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Handover – Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- Workspace Evangelist - Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of Workspace to internal and external audiences
- Team Growth – Support the continued growth of the Workspace Team by assisting junior members in mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback.
- Internal Collaboration – Build relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises.
- Go-To-Market Development – Work with the team, the Practice Lead, Head of Technology Solutions and key stakeholders to support the creation, launch, marketing and ongoing development of new propositions.
- Partner Engagement – Meet with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers.
- Commercial Acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations.
- Sales Enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities.
- Customer Retention - Act as a trusted adviser to key customers through building knowledge of their environments.
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain the appropriate level of relevant accreditations
- Demonstrated proficiency in data protection and management solutions and their adoption, with a proven ability to use this to own and win opportunities with mid-market customers
- Knowledge & experience with at least one data storage platform (preferably NetApp) and understanding of the relationship between storage and data protection practices
- Previous experience in a channel presales/consultancy role or similar
- Strong real-world knowledge of data protection services
- Commercial acumen with an awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets and how they affect TCO and ROI
- Experience in positioning of both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
- Relevant technical certifications including at least one of our major data protection partners (Rubrik, Cohesity, Veritas & CommVault)
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape