Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Effective management of the CDW delivery team
- Through demonstrating credibility be the recognised as the project delivery lead on behalf of CDW to deliver transformational projects
- Working closely with all external teams as required
- Manages one or more teams of project coordinators and consultants/engineers for the duration of delivery ensuring consistency of operations throughout the delivery
- Responsible for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of Operations and Professional Services, inside and outside of CDW
- Ensures personal objectives and KPI targets are met or exceeded
- Is supportive with the management and development of P&PM members within their team
- Develop and coach/mentor team members to improve performance (own and others) and ensure delivery of a high quality client experience
- Develop strong working relationships and work closely with all internal teams and stakeholders as required
- Help build a positive understanding of project management throughout the organisation
- Deliver project management briefings and presentations as required.
- Maintain high standards of documentation quality throughout the whole delivery lifecycle for use in future marketing, sales, case studies and implementation activities
- Proactively support the implementation of department strategies and processes and the compliance to these within own team(s)
- Pro-actively identifies own training and development needs as required
What you need to succeed:
- Prince 2 Practitioner/Advanced Practitioner
- Certified Agile Project Management Practitioner
- Effective management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Good understanding of the procurement management including negotiation, contracting with and management of third parties
- Excellent knowledge of project management methods including PRINCE2.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- A demonstrable track record of leading and developing teams and individuals within their responsibility
- A demonstrable track record of managing and delivering medium to large (potentially complex) projects within a commercial environment
- Experience of leading effective cross-functional team
- Skilled at building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities
- Strong client facing, commercial experience gained from working with a wide range of organisations and/or business sectors
- Experienced at successfully working with sales teams and other technical and business resources to capture clients’ requirements, consult on solutions and present commercial propositions
- Strong delivery knowledge of IT transformational projects
- Strong contract management skills with clients, 3rd party providers and sub-contractors
Nice to have:
- Management of Portfolios (MoP) Foundation
- Management of Value (MoV) Foundation
- Six Sigma Green or Yellow Belt
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.