Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What You'll do:
- Infrastructure technologies knowledge – With an understanding of core DC technologies including servers, storage, virtualisation, backup, networking and IaaS, you will be responsible for working with CDW Sales teams and customers to qualify opportunities, understand requirements and define appropriate solutions
- Opportunity qualification – Working as part of a team managing the flow of opportunities, triaging and qualifying them with sales and customers before either handling them directly or passing them to the correct team
- Commercial acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations
- Sales enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities
- Internal collaboration – maximise and leverage CDW’s investment in Solutions Architects, Services BDMs, ServiceWorks cloud platform, and professional services resources.
- Client engagement - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and cloud expertise.
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain relevant accreditation(s) in key areas
Knowledge & Experience
Knowledge and ideally relevant accreditation is required in 3 or more of the following technologies and one or more of the respective vendors for each (*highly desired):
- Server Platforms - Dell EMC required (HPE, Lenovo, Cisco, IBM are additionally beneficial)
- Enterprise Storage Platforms – Dell EMC required (HPE, NetApp, IBM, Pure are additionally beneficial)
Any of the below would be additionally beneficial:
- Virtualisation (VMware, Microsoft)
- Workspace (M365, Citrix)
- HCI (Nutanix, VMware, Microsoft, Dell EMC, HPE)
- Backup (Veeam, Commvault, Veritas, Rubrik, Cohesity)
- Disaster Recovery (Zerto, Microsoft ASR, Veeam)
- IaaS (Azure, AWS)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand what is required at all stages of the sales cycle, from understanding the customer’s decision making process whilst managing vendor requirements for sales closure.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Pragmatic and collaborative approach
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technologies and keep abreast of current industry trends and practices
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.