Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- 70% - Act as a senior architect, using a combination of your own depth of expertise as well as the wider team to own opportunities, engage with customers and win business
- 20% - Drive the development of the HI business by working closely across CDW and vendor partner teams to raise awareness, create and build pipeline, develop services and drive standards and practices
- 10% - Develop and maintain your own skills and knowledge through research, self-guided learning, lab time and formal training/accreditation.
- You will be responsible for managing your own diary and hours so how any given week ends up looking will be up to you. The job is also very varied but here are some of the things you can expect:
- Customer Opportunities - Work with customers, salespeople and BDMs to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using networking and adjacent technologies whilst maintaining accurate and up to date information in CDW’s CRM system to support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Documentation - Produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to TCO models, business cases, HLDs and SoWs.
- Ownership – Take ownership of complex opportunities and manage delivery across a number of architects and disciplines
- Upsell - Identify potential to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Handover – Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- CDW Evangelist - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base in a credible, friendly and relatable way. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and relevant expertise.
- Modern Networking Evangelist - Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of modern networking technologies, practices, solutions and services to internal and external audiences
- Team Growth – Support the continued growth of the HI Team by assisting in recruitment, inductions, training, mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback.
- Internal Collaboration – Build and develop strong relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises. Drive the documentation and adoption of agreed standards and practices within our deployments and work to ensure a high quality engagement for every customer.
- Go-To-Market Development – Work with the team, the Practice Lead, Head of Technology Solutions and key stakeholders to continually assess technology trends and our solutions portfolio and supporting the creation, launch, marketing and ongoing development of new propositions in response.
- Repeatable Solutions – Proactively identify, assess and own the development of ways to make what we do more repeatable, more profitable and less risky by building standardised offerings, boilerplate content and packaged services.
- Partner Engagement – Cultivate strong relationships between with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers. Work with partners, the partner management team and other stakeholders to support and drive strategic growth plans and meet agreed targets.
- Commercial Acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations.
- Sales Enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities.
- Customer Retention - Act as a trusted adviser to key customers through building knowledge of their environments.
- Management Support: Support the Practice Lead by providing input into team meetings, one-to-ones, appraisals and assessments as well as providing cover for the Practice Lead where required
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain the highest level of relevant accreditations
- External Brand – Use social media and other means of effective communication for self-marketing, raising awareness and profile and displaying thought leadership to build your own and CDW’s brand in the market
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad range of networking technologies and products from the Cisco portfolio. This must include the modern software defined offerings such as ACI, DNS, SDA etc.
- Demonstrable familiarity with at least one other network vendor portfolio. (Arista, Juniper, Aruba, Dell etc.)
- Experience of and familiarity with at least one public cloud platform, especially the networking and network integration.
- Thorough understanding of the challenges and key factors affecting customer transformation to modern networking how these are affected by legacy systems and practices.
- Demonstrable understanding of the integration between different networking technologies and the challenges and opportunities this presents.
- Previous experience in a channel presales role for a significant vendor, reseller or SI, including leveraging partner resources, incentives and teams during presales engagements
- Ability to lead customers through a transformation journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Commercial acumen with a strong awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets and how they affect TCO and ROI
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
- Relevant technical certifications
Nice to have:
- Strong familiarity with and knowledge of the Cisco security portfolio, especially as it relates to integration with on-premises and cloud networks
- Good experience in one or more areas of datacentre infrastructure (compute, storage, backup, virtualisation)
- Experience of and familiarity with ITOM orchestration, automation and operations management and the related tools and platforms
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.