Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Provide our diverse range of customers with agnostic, industry-leading advice, and expertise to help them select the right technology solutions and make the most of them
- Drive enhanced user experiences and digital workspace transformation
- Lead presales opportunities from inception through to handover into delivery
- Aid in CDW’s go to market message, driving and evangelising our opinion, breadth of capability and experiences to internal teams, customers, and partners
- In this role you will act as a senior architect within the Workspace team as well as the wider Solutions group. The role has three key areas of responsibility, which broken down by approximate split are:
- 70% - Act as a senior architect, using a combination of your own depth of expertise as well as the wider team to own opportunities, engage with customers and win business at enterprise-scale
- 15% - Support the development of the team and the wider department by contributing to team projects as well as helping junior team members achieve their own career aspirations
- 15% - Develop and maintain your own skills and knowledge through research, self-guided learning, lab time and formal training/accreditation.
- You will be responsible for managing your own diary and hours so how any given week ends up looking will be up to you. The job is also very varied but here are some of the things you can expect:
- Customer Opportunities - Work with customers, salespeople and BDMs to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using a breadth of workspace and adjacent technologies whilst maintaining accurate and up to date information in CDW’s CRM system to support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Documentation - Produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to TCO models, business cases, HLDs and SoWs.
- Upsell - Identify potential to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Handover – Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- CDW Evangelist - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base in a credible, friendly and relatable way. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and Workspace expertise.
- Workspace Evangelist - Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of Workspace and adjacent technologies, solutions and services to internal and external audiences
- Team Growth – Support the continued growth of the Workspace Team by assisting in mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback.
- Internal Collaboration – Build and develop strong relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises. Support the documentation and adoption of agreed standards and practices within our deployments and work to ensure a high quality engagement for every customer.
- Go-To-Market Development – Work with the team, the Practice Lead, Head of Solutions and key stakeholders to continually assess technology trends and our solutions portfolio and supporting the creation, launch, marketing and ongoing development of new propositions in response.
- Repeatable Solutions – Support making what we do more repeatable, more profitable, and less risky by helping to identify and build standardised offerings, boilerplate content and packaged services.
- Partner Engagement – Cultivate strong relationships with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers.
- Commercial Acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations.
- Sales Enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities.
- Customer Retention - Act as a trusted adviser to key customers through building knowledge of their environments.
- Management Support: Support the Practice Lead by providing input into team meetings, one-to-ones, appraisals and assessments as well as providing cover for the Practice Lead where required
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain the highest level of relevant accreditations
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft 365 technologies and at least one other vendor/product within the workspace portfolio. Use experience and skills to aid in their adoption, with a proven ability to use this to own and win complex opportunities with mid-market customers, enterprise, and public sector customers
- A key focus on user experience enhancement
- Previous experience in a channel presales role or similar including leveraging partner resources, incentives, and teams during presales engagements
- Very strong real-world knowledge of Microsoft and at least one other workspace vendor/product services and an understanding of how to position further enablement towards digital workspace transformation
- Ability to lead customers through a transformational journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Commercial acumen with an awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets and how they affect TCO and ROI
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
- Relevant technical certifications
Nice to have:
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.