Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Capable of working independently and remotely, required to perform on site troubleshooting on a wide range of products in a software or hardware environment.
- Proficient in the installation, configuration and support of Desktop/EPOS environment and in addition, be able to connect and install client software for various networking platforms at various customer locations in the UK.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and adhere to safety and ESD precautions at all times.
- Be able to demonstrate strong problem solving techniques with the ability to adapt and learn on the job.
- Develop, grow and maintain professional working relationships with all internal stakeholders, Call Control, Tech Vetting teams.
- Ensure process, procedural and contractual agreements are being followed correctly.
- Endeavour to provide all CDW customers with the best level of customer service and support.
- Complete documentation including Field Service Call reports and Customer Checksheets and ensure these are returned within SLA timescales.
- Work proactively with call allocators to ensure SLA’s are met in the most economical way.
- Have a solid understanding of customers SLA requirement and use initiative to ensure the expectation is met and exceeded.
- Any additional activity as directed by Senior Management
What you need to succeed:
- Have an excellent working knowledge of PC architecture, knowledge of Windows Operating systems, break fix and troubleshooting of Desktops, EPOS, Laptops, and Printers.
- Manufacturer recognised accreditations, I.E. HP/IBM/Dell. Desktop, Laptop.
- At least 6 years customer facing IT industry experience.
- Capable of working independently on a wide range of products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent proven organisational and customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to maintain a consistent high standard of quality and professionalism.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Team Player – ability to work as part of the team to deliver operational excellence.
- Awareness of ITIL methodologies and best practice.
- Previous employment in a similar role.
- Ability to show flexibility to help the changing needs of the team.
- Adhere to company standards and procedures at all times unless otherwise directed.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Maintain high levels of Punctuality, Communication, Attitude, Competence and Quality of Service.
- Maintain all appropriate Manufacturer Accreditations where applicable
Nice to have:
- Highly enthusiastic, approachable and self-motivated to achieve targets.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- A Methodical and accurate approach to the job is critical.
- Team focused – a genuine passion to deliver excellence through continuous development and improvement.
- Be able to remain positive at all times and influence those around you.
- Excellent communicator who can remain objective and focussed with Customers and Internal Agencies alike.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Previous Field Service Engineer experience.
- Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Innovative thinking, in terms of service quality and improvements within the boundaries of CDW’s limits (SLA’s, call handling, system processes etc.)
- Full UK Driving Licence
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.