Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Provide effective and efficient handover from the Service Design phase, ensuring all appropriate work packages are incorporated into the Transition plan
- Deliver all Service Transition Projects in line with CDW’s best practice methodology (managing risk, providing governance, quality assurance, issue resolution, reporting), where the successful implementation of the new service is the primary goal
- Provide effective communication to all stakeholders (internal and external) through the lifecycle of the transition
- To interface with current incumbent suppliers exiting the customer or current internal support teams to gain agreement on planning, timelines and expectation of deliverables
- Ensure strict commercial change control to manage deviations from baselined Service Design and/or contract
- Manage the expenditure within the Service Transition, ensuring all costs and times are recorded and invoiced accordingly
- Ensure products are delivered within the Service Transition on time and meet the required level of quality
- Ensure accurate contract entry and configuration on each Service Transition.
- Review the outcomes of the Service Transition to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- Provide a period of early life support and escalation during the service infancy period
- Provide an effective handover gate to Service Operations and Service Management
- Maintain the acceptance into service criteria for the aligned service tower to ensure it remains relevant and up to date
- To contribute to the team’s improvement initiatives and SIP items
What you need to succeed:
- Prince 2 Foundation & Practitioner
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Practical working knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling Transitions.
- Understanding of all of the Service Delivery departmental operations, systems, processes and structure.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge - Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio.
- Sound knowledge of project management methods and their practical application including but not limited to PRINCE2.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound understanding of MSP service offerings, and the ability to translate this to on boarding work streams.
- Strong time management, task prioritisation and efficient day to day working practices in a busy environment.
- Experience working directly with clients and senior stakeholders.
- Experience of running a variety of small and medium projects or managed service transitions.
- A demonstrable track record of managing multiple projects or transitions autonomously.
- Commercial experience in the management of projects or transitions to budgetary constraints and where effective commercial change control has been incorporated.
- Experience of leading effective cross functional teams.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities.
- Experience of identifying and implementing process/governance improvements.
Nice to have:
- Highly enthusiastic and motivated to achieve commercial, CDW, departmental, team and personal goals and targets
- Passionate about delivering excellence in service transition delivery
- Ensures knowledge, skills, creativity, integrity and judgement is applied to deliver innovative, effective, efficient services and solutions of excellent quality to clients and co-workers
- Strives to build meaningful, transparent, collaborative and long-term relationships with our clients, suppliers and co-workers where these are constructed to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- Dedicated to satisfying clients and co-workers requests in a responsive and professional manner, by listening to these requests, understanding them and striving to consistently exceed their needs and expectations
- Seeks to build and maintain a culture of listening, understanding and responding flexibly to clients, co-workers, and suppliers so that every contact is a personalised and positive experience
- Highly effective organisational and management qualities & skills with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Passionate, professional, with a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude at all times to inspire others, a real “Team Player”
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently and is approachable at all times, showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure. Socially comfortable interacting at all levels within internal and external organisations
- Is responsible for remaining relevant to the needs of CDW’s clients, co-workers, Program Operations and CDW and proactively seeks out training, shadowing, mentoring and other relevant learning and development opportunities to ensure that this continues to be the case
- Continually demonstrates initiative, always giving their best to improve their effectiveness and help others do the same
- Takes responsibility for the delivery of quality and consistency in all that they do through a methodical approach
- Aims to deliver excellence and strive for continuous improvement by questioning everything and remaining constructively discontent and responding vigorously to change when needed
- Understands how to balance time, cost and quality to ensure successful outcomes for clients and CDW
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement & experience
- Flexible about wider business needs such as work locations; prepared to travel.
- Passionate about enhancing own capabilities through learning and development and practical experience
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.