Do you have demonstrable experience in VMware portfolio products and their adoption ? As part of our expansion we currently have a vacancy for a Senior Solutions Architect with an opportunity to work remote.
The successful candidate will lead our customers through a transformational journey and will work with our Sales team and Business Development Managers to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using Dell and adjacent technologies.
We are looking for an individual with extensive pre-sales experience with strong knowledge of managed and professional services and an understanding of how to position further transformation towards Hybrid Infrastructure Operations.
What you’ll do: Main responsibilities
- Customer Opportunities - Work with customers, salespeople and BDMs to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using Dell and adjacent technologies whilst maintaining accurate and up to date information in CDW’s CRM system to support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Documentation - Produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to TCO models, business cases, HLDs and SoWs
- Upsell - Identify potential to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Handover – Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- CDW Evangelist - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base in a credible, friendly and relatable way. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and data centre expertise
- Dell Evangelist - Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of Dell and adjacent technologies, solutions and services to internal and external audiences
- Team Growth – Support the continued growth of the HI Team by assisting in mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback
- Internal Collaboration – Build and develop strong relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises. Support the documentation and adoption of agreed standards and practices within our deployments and work to ensure a high quality engagement for every customer
- Go-To-Market Development – Work with the team, the Practice Lead, Head of Technology Solutions and key stakeholders to continually assess technology trends and our solutions portfolio and supporting the creation, launch, marketing and ongoing development of new propositions in response.
- Repeatable Solutions – Support making what we do more repeatable, more profitable and less risky by helping to identify and build standardised offerings, boilerplate content and packaged services
- Partner Engagement – Cultivate strong relationships with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers
- Commercial Acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations
- Sales Enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities
- Customer Retention - Act as a trusted adviser to key customers through building knowledge of their environments
- Management Support: Support the Practice Lead by providing input into team meetings, one-to-ones, appraisals and assessments as well as providing cover for the Practice Lead where required
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain the highest level of relevant accreditations
What you need to succeed: Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Demonstrated proficiency in the extended VMware portfolio products and their adoption, with a proven ability to use this to own and win complex opportunities with mid-market customers. This portfolio would include Vrealize suite, VCF, VMC, AVS Tanzu, NSX and related products. This role does not focus on the traditional ESX, vCenter etc. portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of the competitive marketplace and technologies and ability to position and differentiate. This would especially include experience in the hyperscale cloud providers’ complementary and competing offerings, e.g Azure Stack HCI, AWS Outpost etc
- Previous experience in a channel presales role or similar including leveraging partner resources, incentives and teams during presales engagements
- Very strong real-world knowledge of managed and professional services and an understanding of how to position further transformation towards Hybrid Infrastructure Operations
- Ability to lead customers through a transformation journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Commercial acumen with an awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets and how they affect TCO and ROI
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
- Relevant Dell technical certifications and experience
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of and experience in other technology and product areas
- Strong skills and experience in related fields such as server OS, applications, hyperconverged infrastructure, backup and data protection etc.
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.